Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Much Happier Me


The last few weeks I have been trying to go running as often as I can. My husband has been great, and very supportive. He will get home from work and let me leave for a little bit. I started out really bad and out of shape. My first run was really bad, I couldn't even run through 1 whole song. Now, I am so happy to say that I am able to run through 4 whole songs. I keep upping the number and feel great every time I do.

I have been so much happier since I started running. I am able to be more patient with my kids, and thats saying A LOT!! Just ask my husband he will tell you that I am not the most patient person and I was yelling at my kids non-stop for very stupid reasons. I am so glad that most of that is behind me, I still have some work in that area. Running is seriously my highlight for the day. I feel great when I am out, and when I get home and can feel the burn. It makes me feel like I accomplished something.

I have been more motivated to clean my house, its still not very clean but its much better. I can sleep a lot better at night! All-in-all I just feel so much happier!! I really hope I can keep this up!! I am so glad its warming up because I hate the bitter cold, its not good for my throat.

I am also happy to report that Dave has been able to get back to the gym!! If only he could get up early enough to get in a good workout before work. About 3 weeks ago he stopped going because I was in a car accident, and so I needed his car. As of Saturday we have a brand new car that is exactly what I wanted! Dave has been going to the gym again ALL this week, and I am so proud of him!!!

3 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

YOU GO GIRL!! I can't wait to start running after I have this baby... If she ever comes!! Ugh. That's great your hubby is going to the gym as well.. Tell him to motivate Enoch! Hahaha

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Congrats Cher!! You are amazing! I just started running again, too, and it is so hard to get back in shape! Ugh. So easy to get out of shape tho!

Mindy Thomas said...

That is great! Nice job Cheryl & Dave! I can't wait to get back to working out it does make you feel better.I love the new car!