Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Happenings


Dave and I just got back from a wonderful weekend in St. George! This time we didn't take kids, but we took my sister and her husband. They are much quieter. We didn't really do much, but sit around and watch mindless TV, and play video games. My sister and I got massages one day, and that was awesome! We had so much fun, and can't wait to go back again soon.

Conner stayed with Grandma Teri and had so much fun that he didn't even notice we were gone. Teri called us Saturday and asked if they could take him to St. George on Sunday night to help Auntie Jojo move. She is going to Dixie. We came home Sunday afternoon and so we just picked up Vika from my parent's house and went home. Its crazy that I haven't seen Conner in so long, and to be home without him. Vika hates it when he is gone, and is way moodier without him around.


I just love this pic! I went in to wake up Vika from her nap because it was 5 already, and this is how I found her. Silly girl!!


Vika went in for her 15 mos. appointment back in July. This is how bad I am at posting. She only weighed in at 18 lbs. and 5 oz. She is still tiny, but she is healthy, and the Doc isn't worried about her. He did say that if she isn't walking at 18 mos then he starts to worry that something is wrong. We are really working on it, and the other day she took 3 steps to Me!!

She is still a chunk, even though she doesn't weigh very much!


I just couldn't do this post without a pic of Conner!! I miss him so much, but I will be seeing him tomorrow night! Friday is his preschool orientation, and he starts a week from tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

What a fun lil get-a-way in St. George. I LOVE it there! I could SO MOVE there. I bet you're dyin without Conner. Vika too.. Awww. What a cute picture of her in her crib. ha ha so funny!

MakingChanges said...

I love that pic of Vika. How cute is that? How is she asleep though? Could you imagine sleeping like that and then trying to move the next day?

Glad you got some away time, too. It helps us realize how much we do love our kids and don't really want to smother them in their sleep. (You do know I am joking about the smothering, right?)

esche said...

My son, Cameron, didn't start walking until he was 17 months old. We were in Alaska at the time and, although almost everyone there was super nice, there was this one older lady who kept saying, "When is he going to walk?? You need to make that boy walk!" I was pretty irritated. How do you make a baby walk?? Anyway, maybe that'll make you feel better. They all go at their own pace.

Andrea said...

that crib shot is great!

Cindi said...

Vika is so cute. She's about the same size that Lucy was at that age (now she's a chub). She'll walk. My nephew practiced walking in secret so that his mom would still carry him around. He was 18 months old before they "caught" him walking.

Anonymous said...

I think Vika is sleeping like that so she won't mess up her pretty hair. Pain is beauty :)